Sunday 24 February 2013

Seemingly Selfish

My dad and my Lola was guilt tripping me yesterday about my plans of buying my own condo unit in the near future.

They said I would inevitably be lonely. My dad said that in times when I would be sick I would have to fend for myself and even went into connecting how I was at the time I was hospitalized last semester. I was hospitalized for one week and was subjected to dextrose due to a very low platelet count. I was sad, sensitive and clingy at that time but then again aren't all sick patients that way? My dad even laughed at the time I would ask for acupressure and the time I kept on asking if my sister would be visiting me.

I told my dad and Lola that if that's the only catch, being lonely, then I'd take that risk. My dad went on to say that I shouldn't ask for it because God will test me. I told him that God only tests people who needs to learn a lesson. I asked what lesson do I need to learn. My dad said that I was very selfish.

If I'd lay down the reasons why they are so against my plan, I'd reveal who's really selfish but I wouldn't want to do that because I don't want to be genuinely selfish given that they can't possibly defend themselves in this platform.


No comments:

Post a Comment