Sunday 24 February 2013

Guilty of Being Inguilty

I don't get it. It has been four years since high school and he's still acting weird. I'm talking about a person whom I was not attached to in anyway except for the fact that he was a classmate of mine who liked me throughout high school. Creepily for that matter. Let's call him Ethan.

The most absurd thing Ethan did which infuriated me was the summer before senior year when he would call me several times everyday on my cellphone to which I never responded to. He then decided to do the next best thing, he went in front of our house at the time it was raining really hard and demanded that I come out and talk to him or else he will not leave. I didn't and he left. Thankfully.

I don't want to seem overly confident about myself because I'm not. But how do you respond to the type of person who can't seem to take a hint. I tried being nice about it and told him to stop wasting his energy on a girl that wouldn't be able to reciprocate his feelings. But when I was nice, he wouldn't give up. I then became arrogant towards him but I ended up being the bad guy in the eyes of many.

It was a terrible feeling I had that one time I was eating at the cafeteria with friends when I was singled out by the basketball coach of our school and was invited to join his table which he shared with some of the basketball team and asked me to resolve the issue with Ethan. Imagine all the trouble which we seemingly caused.  As if something happened between us but in reality we weren't even friends to begin with. We were just classmates. He confessed he liked me and I turned him down that was it.

Another terrible feeling I experienced was when the guy whom I actually liked, Joseph who liked me back was on Ethan's side.

There wasn't an easy way out at that time and there were a lot tension until the time we graduated but for Ethan's sake, I hope he finds peace. I hope that when he called me up recently on my birthday, he was just being friendly and not expecting anything. I hope that he will not be too hard on himself or me when we recently shared a jeep but I never noticed him and when I got down, only then did he call my attention and accused me of deliberately ignoring him and acted like he was a victim. I asked him if he tried to call me, get my attention perhaps and when he answered no, I hope he realizes that I wasn't being mean but just naturally aloof when I'm in public.

I don't know how he is, if he's attached or not but I do hope he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment