Sunday 6 January 2013

Law of Attraction in Action


It was a frightening feeling. A feeling you want to be rid off as soon as you’re feeling it because who wants to be scared? It's not exactly a good feeling to bathe in. Yet the feeling stubbornly remains and for a quite a while too. It’s programmed to be there to incite something in us. Maybe courage. Maybe a stronger will. Following that ideal direction and up to what extent is up to us.

I said I wouldn't and couldn't. But there I was smack in the middle of it.

I said I wouldn't ride any ride I wasn't comfortable riding on. I was thinking of riding a Merry Go Round once or thrice. I said I would just serve as the documenter but there I was falling prey to peer pressure. They insisted I purchase the ride all you can ticket since it was my very first time to go to Enchanted Kingdom. In attempt to not be viewed as pedantic I gave in.

The second ride we were lining up for was called Anchors Away and all I could think of were the recounts of people's scary experiences about it playing in my head while looking at the ship shaped ride which swayed from side to side. I didn't want to annoy my companions with my fear but I couldn't help to verbally babble things as the internal battle going on in my head every second as we drew near our turn could not be resolved. I told them I couldn't do it but they thought otherwise. I was breathing heavily already but I found hope  in the ounce of excitement I was feeling. There's something very liberating at getting to try something you are very scared and hesitant of especially if you know it would serve as a milestone.

As our turn drew came I noticed I was shaking. Jhobs sat beside me and we chose to sit at the middle part but as soon as we sat my fear got the best of me and I was thinking I could still back out. I could still back out. My fear took a toll on me and I barfed a little bit on my lap right before the cue for start went on so Jhobs immediately assisted me to the exit and bought me water and we sat on the benches. The rest of our friends went ahead without us. I was very thankful to Jhobs for being such a helpful friend that time.

After that ride the rest of our friends wanted to try the Space Shuttle but because Jhobs and I didn't feel like riding it and because I was just in the process of calming myself we had a go at the bump cars. The fact that a bunch of kids and preteens were the ones lined up who were from a single school didn't bother us. After spending a few minutes of strolling around the amusement park I told Jhobs we should try the Anchors Away again.

I owed it to myself. I owed it to Jhobs who excitedly wants to have a go at it because it isn't her first time to. I didn't want to feel like a loser who lost to myself. I had been practicing the law of attraction and I wanted to prove the law to myself and to other people. I wanted to become what I thought about. I was thinking of being courageous and I wanted that very instant for courage to be manifested.

Before I knew it Jhobs and I were lining up again and we sat in the very place we sat earlier on. There was a kid sitting in front of me who was crying and was being comforted by her teacher. I was amazed at her because although she was scared she didn't try to get off.

When the cue for start went on I had my game face on. Jhobs told me to keep my arms in the air for maximum enjoyment. Besides enjoyment keeping it up in the air tricked my senses into feeling very confident because when I did try putting it on the sides of my legs and I felt my body heavily shaking.  I kept it in the air, swayed my arms hands and even my upper torso whilst shouting every time the ship-like-ride was moving from the highest point to the lowest.

I saw the crying kid was then laughing and her shift of emotions mirrored my initial sentiments. True there was one point it was dizzying and I was thinking, "Tell me this is over. It's probably over. Please Lord let it be over already." but when the pace of the ride was beginning to slow, I knew it would soon be over.

Jhobs and I who were both carrying DSLRs immediately took photos of each other right after for proof that we rode it. I was teary eyed in the photo but I was smiling. I was proud of myself and man did it feel good to get out of one's shell and conquer a fear no matter how little it may seem.