Thursday 17 May 2012

Typical Lunch with Barkada

Everyone was busy either eating, texting, worrying about TV production, cramming their names onto their brown envelopes, beautifying their penmanship when Lan said something. Barely no one was listening hence no one reacted. Everyone was preoccupied, or so I thought.

Letlet was eating rice with a viand of some sort when she began to laugh at what Lan said. Next thing I heard her coughing. Maan later said, “Uy may namamatay na.” I was like ,”Yey” and continued on texting our guest for TV Prod. After a few seconds Maan stood up and panicked to get water for Lets. Letlet was positioned in front of me and when I looked at her, she was all red in the face and was choking. Maan returned and said there was a long line so she couldn’t get water that time. Yana finally offered her water from her sports bottle. Everyone still went about their businesses after Letlet was finally able to breath. 

Letlet was teary eyed and still red while she accused us of not caring for her at her near death experience and future ones at that.

I told her, “well I thought you were just coughing and besides no one said anything funny for you to choke.”


Lunch break at MC. (June 28,2011)
from my tumblr