Thursday 14 February 2013

Hearts Abound


It is hearts day today and I went home from school carrying two white roses - which I bought for my Lola and Aunt.

Valentines day isn't such a lame day, as I previously thought it was.(I thought it was a highly capitalist celebration which obligates people to give and receive love in the form of every imaginable heart-shaped materials)

Valentines is actually a perfect excuse to be extra nice to others, the reason being that love is celebrated on this very day. It's a nice occasion to bring home flowers and to receive cake, and ask people eagerly how their day went, who greeted them, who gave them gifts. At school it's nice to ask around the plans of classmates going out on dates. It's a nice day to officially celebrate two or more people's special relationship especially when birthdays and Christmas would be far too long occasions to look forward too.

Feel the love today, or everyday. Happy Valentines Day!