Sunday 13 January 2013

A Lesson at a Job Interview

Who would have thought that I would be receiving a significant writing tip at a job interview. It was a highly appreciated piece of advice coming from an experienced writer at a television network.

Generally, she said that I write rather safely and conservatively but when I wrote about Migration and Globalization as my answer to one of the the essay questions she said it blew her mind and called me 'little nerdita'.

She said that there's no 'landi' in the way I write making the style of my writing very serious and heavy. When I asked whether it's about the content and if I should write about more controversial things she said, not necessarily and answered that it the way one uses language and encouraged me to play with words.

After expressing interest in me in the departments I could be part she invited me to another interview with a different department head. As I bade her goodbye I told her I would consider her writing tip and she told me I should go for it because I have it in me.

I would love to get feedback regarding the way I write. Upon the creation of this blog I told myself my only audience would be myself and a few intimate friends. Yet how do I grow as a writer without people having read my works and critique it for my personal and professional growth?

I'll try my best you guys :)