Monday 22 October 2012

Words to the Unwise



“Stop being stubborn okay. Please go to Church.” Such lovingly hurtful words from a Methodist.

“Why so?”  I ask, even if I am fully aware of the answer having been a former Born Again Christian Church goer.

“Because it will help improve your relationship with GOD.”  There it is. I hear the obvious answer again and surprisingly I’m more and more tolerant of being preached upon.

“I know. I will try.” I tell him in the hopes of convincing myself even of the slightest possibility.

 “You must rely on your own strength. Believe that you are the best.” An atheist tells me. It was lovingly convenient words. Words that scared more than it reassured me.

The light at the end of the tunnel gets dimmer and dimmer by the day and all I do is bathe in the darkness.